Table of contents
What is a precious metal crown?
A precious metal crown is a type of dental crown with 2 components: the inside is made of a type of precious metal or alloy such as gold, silver, platinum, or palladium, etc., and the outer shell is made of layers porcelain, creating the cosmetic effect for the teeth.
This type of dental crown is very popular in the world today, usually prescribed in veneer restoration, bridgework, inlay or onlay. With proper care and usage, the crowns can last up to 25 years, even entire life.
A precious metal crown is designed with precious metal in the inside and porcelain layers in the outside
Advantages of precious metal crown
Precious metal crowns have a lot of benefits, including:
- High durability, restoring chewing ability, protecting teeth from outside influences, furthermore, it will not be broken or chipped.
- Compatible with the gum, integrate well with bone structure and does not oxidize in the oral environment under the influence of saliva.
- Does not cause allergic reactions or complications for the patient.
- The color of the precious metal crown is natural, identical to real teeth, low reflection, at the same time, minimize discoloration.
- Gold has anti-bacterial properties so the crown can have anti-inflammation ability.
The color of the precious metal crown is natural and identical to real teeth
With the benefits mentioned above, the precious metal crown is quite a high-cost line of crowns. Often, the cost for a precious metal crown is not stable as it also depends on the gold value on the market at that time, but overall, it still higher than the price of other types of crowns.
Precious metal crowns use rare material, require complex restorative technique, so there is not many clinics have this kind of service. Because of that, you should consider and choose reputable dental clinics, with a team of skilled, experienced doctors to ensure health and cosmetic.
Nhan Tam Dental Clinic - An effective dental restorative clinic
A team of specialized doctors with more than 20 years of experience, graduated from famous universities within the nation and abroad.
Sterilization system of international standard with separate dental room and equipment for each patient, eliminating cross-contamination.
A wide, modern lab right at the clinic with automatic CAD/CAM system, help designing an accurate crown and minimize the duration.
Utilizing modern treatment technology with impression digital software 3Shape, 3D Cone Beam CT scanner, smile design software Smile Design Pro, etc., and material imported directly from Europe.
5-stars services, free transportation, clear warranty policy, attractive customer services.