Table of contents
All on 4 dental implant - An effective and economical solution for teeth loss
The All on 4 dental implant is considered to be the best dental restorative solution on recent days due to the rigidness, convenience, easy chewing, and high oral aesthetics.
This is a fixed restoration, no need removal/insert like traditional removable dentures.
All on 4 dental implants - solution to restore the entire teeth
All on 4 implants technology is a solution to restore the entire teeth which lost with only 4 implant fixtures fixed into the jaw bone to raise the entire lost teeth at the upper side
The front two implant fixtures are implanted directly into the lower jaw bone and two implant fixtures inside are implanted with an at most 45 degrees angle. With the attachment of the abutment, 12 teeth on the jaw are restored thanks to the firm fulcrum
This is considered to be the most cost-effective solution for complete teeth lost due to the use of only 4 implants instead of 6-8 implants. This solution was proposed by Dr. Paulo Malo in 1998 and was proven to be effective. Hundreds of thousands of All on 4 cases have been successfully performed and reported to implant convention by many doctors around the world.
The benefits of All on 4 dental implant
- All on 4 implant creates a rigid foundation, which improves chewing capability up to 90% of the real teeth.
- Makes the eating - chewing process become easy, supporting the digestive system to work effectively.
- Solves the jaw bone loss, maintain the structure of the face, limit the state of protrusion due to long years teeth loss.
- Raises the aesthetics, helps patients be more confident in communications in life
- Lower cost and shorter treatment time.
- Long-lasting, even permanent if the patients know how to properly care for.
The dental implant has many benefits compared to the traditional removable denture and is the leading choice for the tooth loss patients
When should you have All on 4 dental implant
The All on 4 dental implant is a solution suitable for the following cases:
- Losing the entire upper or lower teeth
- Multiple adjacent teeth missing
- Patients do not want to use a removable denture
- Patients with severe periodontitis which require the removal of the entire teeth
- Patients who lose teeth for many years and have a high volume of bone loss
Cases that should be treated with All on 4 implants
All on 4 dental implant procedure
- Step 1: Examination and consultation from doctors.
- Step 2: Perform an oral health check, taking x-rays to check bone structure.
- Step 3: Formulate an implant regiment suitable for each case base on the implant software.
- Step 4: Embed 4 implants fixtures into the jaw, attaching a temporary dental bridge to ensure the chewing capability for the patients during the treatment.
- Step 5: After 3 - 6 months, permanent dental bridges will be secured into the jaw.
- Step 6: Schedule an examination visit and end the treatment.
Normally, the implant process is divided into two stages:
Stage 1: The doctor will perform bone grafting (if it is available), plant implant fixture and restore temporary teeth to help the patients can chew and eat and meet their oral aesthetic needs
Stage 2: After about 3-6 months, the implant fixtures is fully integrated with the jawbone, the doctor will perform the final step that is restoring fixed porcelain teeth on the implant.
All on 4 dental implants effectively overcome bone loss, protrusion after losing teeth
Things to keep in mind when having All on 4 implant
Choose a prestigious clinic
The All on 4 implant is quite popular in recent days but this is a difficult dental procedure which requires a reputable dental clinic with highly skilled doctors with expertise and clinical experienced combined with modern equipment and ensures optimal results.
Good specialized dentists are the first and most important factor determines the success of the implant procedure
Inform the doctor your medical and dental conditions
Medical conditions: Patients with a history of cardiovascular disease, metastatic cancer, mental disorders, diabetes, patients undergoing radiation therapy, pregnancy, etc., cannot be treated with dental implants.
Inform the doctor your medical history for the best consultation and treatment
Dental disease: Patients suffering from dental diseases such as periodontitis, stomatitis, tooth decay, gingivitis, need to be thoroughly treated before being treated with the implant.
No smoking during dental implant treatment
Cigarettes will affect the integration process between the jawbone and the implant fixtures and limit the ability to heal. Between 2-4 weeks before and after implant placement, the patient should absolutely stop smoking.
Patients must avoid tobacco 2-4 weeks before and after implant placement
Proper oral care after implanting
Post-implant stage: use a cold bag on the outside of the cheeks if there is swelling, do not directly interact with the area of the implant, do not grind teeth, do not eat food that is too hot, too cold, spicy, hard, flexible and sticky, etc., do not consume alcohol and lastly, be gentle when maintaining oral hygiene.
Final stage: Proper oral care with dental floss, water pick, interdental brushes, mouthwash to keep your implanted teeth healthy.
Maintain proper oral care before and after implant placement according to the doctor's instructions
Periodic dental check-ups
After implant placement, the patient should go for examinations according to the doctor's instruction. Periodic tartar should be removed each 3-6 months to optimally protect the teeth.
After dental implant placement, periodic examinations is required(3-6 months) for optimum dental protection
Nhan Tam Dental Clinic - International standard implant center
A team of doctors with over 20 years experience led by Dr. Vo Van Nhan - the leading implant specialist in Viet Nam who directly take consultation, examination, and treatment.
Utilizing modern technology that meets international standards to ensure quick and effective treatments.
Modern CAD / CAM digital labs that are available at the clinic, which ensure the most accurate and quickest process of the design and manufacturing according to the doctor’s request.
Modern dental sterilization system ensuring absolute safety for patients.
Free consultation, examination, and transportation service
If you have any questions about All on 4 implant solution, please contact Nhan Tam Dental Clinic for more specific consultation.