When a tooth is lost, at the position of the missing tooth will form a gap, making the smile less aesthetic, and at the same time lead to bone loss, facial deformation, displacement of adjacent teeth, affecting the bite joint.
Therefore, it is extremely necessary to plant a new tooth to replace the lost tooth, helping to prevent the consequences of tooth loss. Experts said: Dental Implant is the most optimal choice when losing teeth because Implant teeth have enough roots and crowns like real teeth.
Dental implants are indicated for patients over 18 years of age who have lost one tooth, many teeth or have lost all teeth. Dental implants are not applicable to pregnant women; patients with chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, hemophilia or mental disorders that cannot control behavior; Alcoholics and smokers cannot quit.
Why Dental Implants?
Dental Implant is a method to restore lost teeth, with aesthetic and chewing functions like as real teeth. The structure of an Implant tooth includes:
- Implant: A metal post made of titanium, fixed in the jawbone, acts as a tooth root.
- Abutment Coupling: Abutment coupling is attached to the Implant post with screws to support the porcelain teeth above the Implant post.
- Ceramic tooth: The crown is made of porcelain fixed on top of the Implant post.
Dental implants have been and are being evaluated as the best method of restoring missing teeth today. This technique is increasingly improved to optimize the benefits achieved when performing Implant surgery:
- Implant teeth have both a body and a root, fixed in the jawbone, overcoming the disadvantages of other prosthetic methods such as removable dentures or bridges ceramic.
- Dental implants have roots that help increase the solid structure of the jawbone by preserving and stimulating the natural growth of the jawbone around the implant, preventing alveolar bone loss caused by tooth loss.
- Implant teeth have the same shape and color as real teeth, looking at it will not know you are using dentures, ensuring aesthetics, helping you confidently and comfortably communicate.
- Implant teeth have great durability so you can eat and chew comfortably, you still feel the taste of food like our normal teeth.
- Implant teeth help improve pronunciation, avoiding the situation of adjacent teeth being displaced, affecting the bite.
Indications and contraindications of dental implants
1. Indications for dental implant implantation:
The patient lost 1 tooth, many teeth or lost all teeth.
Patients with congenital tooth loss, rare cases of tooth loss.
The patient has long lost teeth, is wearing removable dentures and has had bone loss.
The patient has severe periodontal disease, the teeth are loose and break on their own.
The patient has lost teeth but is not qualified, the teeth are no longer solid to proceed with porcelain crowns or bridges.
Implant teeth when you have just extracted teeth to limit bone loss.
2. Relative contraindications when implanting teeth:
Patients who are suffering from dental diseases such as gingivitis, periodontitis, tooth decay, periodontitis need to be treated before Dental Implant.
The habit of grinding teeth while sleeping will adversely affect the implant results, so it is necessary to wear a grinding tray when sleeping.
Patients addicted to smoking affect the healing process, reduce the ability to integrate bone with the implant, patients need to quit smoking 2-4 weeks before implantation and 4-6 weeks after implant placement.
Patients with jawbone that do not meet the standards in terms of volume, density, etc., should be bone grafted so that the implant can remain in the jawbone.
Patients with mental illness should consult their doctor before deciding to have dental implants.
3. Cases of absolute contraindications when implanting teeth:
The patient is under 18 years old when the jawbone is developing and not yet stable.
Women who are in pregnancy.
Patients with chronic diseases such as: heart disease, diabetes, blood pressure, osteoporosis... which is not controlled.
The patient's jaw bone is severely deformed and cannot be restored.
Dental implants are a comprehensive method of restoring teeth that not only restores aesthetics but also effectively improves chewing function. At Nhan Tam Dental Clinic, you will be implanted with dental implants using positioning technology by Dr. Vo Van Nhan - the leading Implant specialist in Vietnam and the world.
Register for a free examination and consultation with Dr. Vo Van Nhan via Hotline: 1900 56 5678 or Fanpage https://www.facebook.com/nhantamdental.