Table of contents
In which case should you have permanent crowns?
- Severe color stained: cases of severe color stain that cannot be resolved by whitening should be treated with crowns.
- Chipped, broken teeth: severe chips that cannot be resolved effectively with filling should be treated with crowns to ensure chewing as well as durability of the teeth.
- Broken teeth, dead pulp: teeth with dead pulp will be brittle, fragile, should be protected with crowns after pulp treatment.
- Mild teeth protrusion, retrusion: crown treatment will make the teeth more aligned and cosmetic.
- Spacing, exposed gap: for cases of excessive spacing, cannot be cured with cosmetic filling, crown treatment is an effective solution.
- Missing teeth: Bridgework will restore missing teeth effectively, providing cosmetic and functional chewing like real teeth.
Severe discoloration should be treated with crowns
How long does permanent crown treatment last?
Crown treatment duration depends on the dental condition as well as the number of teeth the patients wish to restore. At Nhan Tam Dental Clinic, this process tends to last from 3 - 5 days with 2 appointments:
- 1st visit: Dental health examination and consultation, then proceed to trim the teeth and get the impression to create the crowns. If dental diseases are detected, they have to be treated first.
- 2nd visit: The crowns will be temporarily placed on the trimmed teeth. If everything is properly fitted, the doctor will secure it on to the teeth and complete the crown treatment.
Suitable types of crown for permanent crown treatment
Currently, there are many types of dental crowns, the most stand-out choices are metal crowns and all porcelain crowns (non-metal crowns)
Metal crowns: is a type of crown with 2 components, the inner metal structure, and the outer porcelain layers. When performed, the technician will first cast a layer of metal that fitted with the trimmed teeth. The material can be titanium or titanium alloy (Nickel, Chrome, Titanium, etc.)
All porcelain crowns (no-metal crowns): is a type of crown made entirely from porcelain with no other material, this is either E.max or Cercon. Because they are made of high-quality crowns, they are very hard, high durability and guarantee color.
Before - After crown treatment
Those are things you should know about crown treatment. Another important aspect is that you have to find a reputable clinic to have the desired effectiveness.
Nhan Tam Dental Clinic - A reputable dental center in HCM City
With more than 20 years of operation, NHAN TAM DENTAL CLINIC is proud to be one of the high-quality and reputable centers that perform crown treatment trusted by customers both within and outside of the country.
A team of doctors with more than 20 years of experience directly perform treatments.
Utilizing the new generation of crown technology.
Sterilization system that meets international standard.
Perfect services, dedicated care before, during and after treatment.