From the sharing of actress Shailene Woodley about the unexpected use of this plant essential oil, the method of using coconut oil to clean the mouth and whiten teeth naturally has emerged as a trend called Oil pulling has been hot lately.
Actress Shailene Woodley
Unbelievably easy but surprisingly beneficial
The mouth and throat are places that often have to work and come into contact with food every day. Brushing and rinsing may not be enough, as the quality of food is increasingly worrying and you face the risk of bad breath, more prone to tooth decay.
Oil pulling - thanks to the promotion of the stars - has attracted thousands of people to rush to buy sesame oils, olive oil, ... most commonly coconut oil for oral hygiene.
Coconut oil has many benefits for teeth and body health
- Has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Supports the growth of beneficial bacteria.
- Kill harmful bacteria, keep the mouth clean, and breathe fresh.
- Provides essential vitamins for the oral cavity, contains monolaurin which is a very good immune booster.
- Reduce the risk of periodontal disease, gingivitis, tooth decay, bad breath, intestinal disease...
How to gargle with coconut oil
The steps to gargle with coconut oil are quite simple, usually lasting from 10 to 20 minutes and you can fully utilize this time to do other things.
Step 1: Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and put it in your mouth. Chew coconut oil and swish it between your teeth for 10-20 minutes.
Step 2: Spit out the oil and rinse your mouth with clean water for 15-20 seconds.