Do dental Implant hurt?
To answer the question: "Do dental implants hurt?", Vo Van Nhan DDS, PhD - Director of Nhan Tam Dental Clinic - Vietnam's leading dental implant specialist said: Dental implants considered minor surgery in most cases, usually happens very quickly, gently and painlessly thanks to the following reasons:
- Anesthesia: Most cases of dental implants require only local anesthesia. As for complicated cases such as bone grafting due to large bone and gum tissue defects, implanting many Implants at the same time and the expected length of surgery time or patient psychology being too afraid, ... then it is necessary to anesthesia. This will help you feel no pain and will be completely comfortable during the procedure.
- The support of modern equipment: Modern equipment will assist the doctor in diagnosing and making an accurate treatment plan, minimizing unnecessary risks, and at the same time causing no discomfort for patients.
- Good doctor: A highly skilled and experienced doctor can handle and quickly overcome possible complications when implanting teeth, helping the surgery to take place successfully.
A professional, experienced doctor will help you correctly, safely, and painlessly place an implant
Note: After the anesthetic wears off, you may experience mild pain and swelling at the implant site for the first few days. However, these are very normal reactions and completely within the body's tolerable threshold. In addition, your doctor will prescribe pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs to use when you go home. Therefore, you do not have to worry too much about whether or not dental implants are painful!
Ways to reduce pain after implant surgery
To limit pain after dental Implant, in addition to using pain relievers prescribed by the doctor, you can apply methods such as:
- Use an ice pack on the outside of your cheekbones (corresponding to the area just implanted) to reduce swelling in the first days after dental Implant. In the following days, apply a warm compress to dissolve the hematoma and reduce swelling.
- When coughing or sneezing, you should open your mouth wide to relieve pressure on the sinus area. Do not push your tongue or use your hands to wipe the white film on the wound, do not spit continuously to help the wound heal.
- Thoroughly clean your teeth by brushing your teeth with a soft bristle brush (avoid colliding with the area that has just been implanted with the Implant), combined with the use of specialized mouthwash, floss, and water flosser to clean your teeth once and for all. comprehensive way.
- About 1 hour after the implant, you should not eat or chew because at this time the anesthetic is still there. After that, you can eat soft and liquid foods such as porridge, soup, milk, etc. In the following days, you can eat and chew normally, but you should avoid foods that are too hard, too chewy, or too hot or cold.
After implant placement, oral hygiene needs to be carefully taken care of
The above are just a few ways to reduce pain and swelling as well as how to take care of your teeth after implantation. If you see any unusual signs such as large swelling, heavy bleeding, etc., please see a doctor immediately for timely treatment. It is important that you find yourself a reputable dental center to perform.
Dental Implant is effective at Nhan Tam Dental Clinic
Dental Implant is a method of implanting artificial teeth with a relatively complex technique, requiring a highly skilled doctor along with a system of modern machinery and equipment to bring the desired results. Therefore, not every address can do it.
Nhan Tam Dental Clinic is one of the most prestigious Implant centers in Ho Chi Minh City. This is a dentist that is always a pioneer in investing in modern equipment and technology to be able to bring customers an effective and safe Implant process, helping customers no longer worry about having dental implants. pain no more.
In particular, Nhan Tam Dental Clinic also gathers a team of good, highly qualified doctors who are seniors in the dental implant industry, having successfully performed more than 20,000 dental implants. The person who directly dental Implant in Nhan Tam is Vo Van Nhan DDS, PhD - Vietnam's leading dental implant specialist.
Vo Van Nhan DDS, PhD is the first Vietnamese doctor to successfully apply Navigation technology in dental Implant
Being a pioneer in complex techniques in the dental implant industry to solve serious cases of bone loss in clinical practice.
The first Vietnamese doctor to successfully perform nerve displacement technique for implant placement, cheekbone implant implantation, and dental implantation for people without natural teeth.
The first Vietnamese doctor successfully applied the Navigation technology in dental Implant - The most advanced technology in dental Implants, helping to implant Implant teeth with an accuracy of up to 0.1 mm, painless, ensure absolute safety, and shorten the treatment time in just 1 appointment.
The first Vietnamese doctor invited to report at the International Dental Implant Forum is a lecturer at major universities: University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi Medical University, Hong Bang International University,...
Successfully performed over 20,000 Implant cases with many complex situations such as bone loss, long-term tooth loss, Implant in the aesthetic area or cleft palate patient ... and have re-treated cases of failed Implant implants. achieve successful results.
We always understand that "do dental implants hurt?" is not everyone's fear, but you can rest assured when being treated at Nhan Tam Dental Clinic. For more details about this method, immediately contact the Hotline: 1900 56 5678, experts will advise you specifically and completely free of charge.