What are the differences between dental implants and bridgework?
To identify the differences between implant placement and bridgework, let's analyze the following:
The procedure is much simpler, the dentist just grinds the teeth around the missing tooth area to form a small pillar. Then a row of bridges consisting of at least 3 crowns is secured on to those pillars, covering the tooth loss zone.
The bridgework method of dental restorations
- Dental implants
Doctors will place an implant fixture inside in the missing tooth area, on the jaw bone, each fixture is equivalent to one root. When the implant fixtures are integrated into the jaw, a dental crown will be attached on to the fixture through the abutment, forming a complete tooth with both root and crown, which is the same as the structure of a real tooth.
Dental implant method
With bridgework, the treatment can only restore the crown on the gums to fit in the space of the missing tooth. The underlying alveolar bone remains empty due to the loss of the real tooth without compensation.
- Dental implants
Dental Implant placement is the most complete and optimal dental restoration today, not only restoring the crown but also the root because the fixture is implanted directly into the jaw bone with a crown attached on top.
The bridgework method has some limitation, it can only recover 1 or a few missing teeth next to each other, not applicable to cases of severe teeth loss or complete teeth loss.
- Dental implants
Implant placement can be applied to all cases of missing teeth, ranging from one missing tooth to severe or complete teeth loss, from incisors to molars area can all be restored with implants.
Comparison between dental implant and bridgework
Should you choose dental implants or bridgework for missing teeth?
- Because they all have the same purpose, restoring teeth, which is why many patients are wondering whether to choose dental implant placement or bridgework. However, to bring good results and long-term durability, we recommend that you choose to implement the implant placement method.
- Dental implant placement provides both root and crown implanted deep into the jaw bone, filling the jaw bone volume and prevent gum, bone resorption, so that the teeth are firmly held in place, making it permanent if properly cared for.
- No matter which method you choose, it should be performed at a reputable dental clinic. In Vietnam, you should go to Nhan Tam Dental Clinic, to experienced the best services and results.
Nhan Tam Center, the leading implant center in Vietnam
- Nhan Tam consists of leading doctors in the field of implantology. They are all well-versed in implant placement techniques because of intensive study and training abroad. In addition, they have practical experience, skills, and precision with many implant cases performed successfully with high effectiveness.
- Nhan Tam Dental Clinic is also a pioneer in utilizing 3D technology in the implant placement process. Patients will be scanned with the 3D Cone Beam CT system, Panorex, etc., to accurately determine the status and level of teeth loss, from which to plan a specific treatment. In addition, to ensure the desired result, doctors will also use software simulate the implant placement and getting teeth impression by Scan 3D software and dental crowns manufacturing through CAD/CAM technology.
- At Nhan Tam, all of your questions will be answered in clear and specific detail. After treatment, the implanted teeth will have the most appropriate warranty.
Hopefully, this information had given you a place to have safe and beautiful dental implants. If you have any questions, please contact us with the information below.